Palma, January 12, 2023.- Grupo Piñero will be present at FITUR 2023 with two stands in Pavilion 3, C03, which will focus on its hotel division Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, and 3C05, which will showcase its travel division with Soltour Travel Partners.
Among the Group's most noteworthy highlights for this year is the presentation of Cayo Levantado Resort, located in a natural enclave on the island of the same name in the Dominican Republic, whose offer will revolve around three sustainable pillars: wellness, the environment and local culture.
In addition, Grupo Piñero has created a competition to recognize those suppliers and partners who have achieved outstanding performance in sustainability and will hold its first edition of the "Most Ecocentric" awards to coincide with FITUR.
The agenda for stand C03, under the Meet Us & Feel IT concept focused on its hotel division with Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts, is as follows:
Cayo Levantado Resort Presentation | Thursday 19 January at 11:30 am
Grupo Piñero, through its Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts division, presents its new product Cayo Levantado Resort at a press conference chaired by the Group's management: Encarna Piñero (Grupo Piñero CEO), Isabel Piñero (Grupo Piñero CSO) and Lluisa Salord (Grupo Piñero SVP Global Sales, Contracting and Distribution).
The meeting will provide details about the complex located in one of the few semi-inhabited keys of the Bay of Samaná in the Dominican Republic, which will be inaugurated in June 2023. With this complex, the company takes a new position in the luxury segment with the aim of improving its offer and adding value to the tourism sector, as well as contributing to the development and generation of employment in the local community, and becoming a benchmark in the country with a concept based on sophistication and excellence.
“Most Ecocentric” Awards Ceremony | Thursday 19 January at 1:30 pm
Within the framework of the "We Are Ecocentric" movement, which promotes awareness of environmental sustainability, Grupo Piñero will organize the presentation of its "Most Ecocentric" Awards, through which it will recognize those suppliers and partners who have performed outstandingly well in the field of sustainability. The event will be hosted by Sandra Gallego, Partner and Founder of Ethic magazine, and Isabel Piñero, CSO of Grupo Piñero.
Dialog: Transforming the tourism sector: A view from the inside. 20 Years in the First Person | Friday 20 January at 10:00 am
As a symbolic recognition of talent and career support, a dialog will be held with a long-standing employee of the Group, to analyse the transformation of the tourism sector in recent decades from his perspective.
And to liven up the sessions, a full program of meet & greets and entertainment in the purest Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts style has been created.
For its part, Soltour Travel Partners will once again have its own stand, 3C05, where several conferences for industry professionals will be held. It will be showcasing its Soltour Travel Partners Summit 2023, which will provide content for travel agencies through different talks, presentations and round tables in which current and differential topics will be discussed with important industry players. One of the highlights will be the talk on "The Challenges of Tourism in 2023", featuring Encarna Piñero, CEO of Grupo Piñero, and Gabriel Escarrer, Executive Vice President and CEO of Meliá Hotels International, which will take place on Friday 20 January at 11:00 am. There will also be five round table discussions focusing on:
○ Hotels, on how they can help visitors to live new experiences and bring them closer to the culture of the destinations. - Wednesday 18 January at 12 pm.
○ Travel Agencies, on the commitment to the digitalization of the sector, the gradual economic recovery, technological solutions and current challenges. - Thursday 19 January at 10 am.
○ Tour Operation, on specialization as a strategy in the business model - Thursday 19 January at 11 am.
○ Airlines, on sustainability in travel and the policies, measures and innovations to establish a more sustainable travel model. - Thursday 19 January at 12 pm.
○ Social Media, on how it helps to connect with our target audience, through which platforms, and the use of influencers. - Friday 20 January at 1 pm.
Grupo Piñero in the FITUR forums
In parallel to the activities at its stands, Grupo Piñero will be present, through different company personalities, at various FITUR forums:
· FITURNext Sustainability Roundtable - 18 January at 4 pm - Antonia del Toro, ESG Director at Grupo Piñero
· Wednesday 19 January at 11 am - Speech by Encarna Piñero, CEO of Grupo Piñero at FITUR Woman
· FITURTECHY - 19 January at 12:30 p.m. - Participation by Mateo Ramon, CIO of Grupo Piñero in the discussion "From Costumer Centric to Data Centric in Tourism"